Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Stuff

Lots going on, but I'm not sure there is too much to blog about.
The past few days I have been feeling a bit "claustrophobic".
I feel so selfish saying that, but I it's the truth.
I have been nursing exclusively for 8 months now.
This means no "date nights" without a little one in tow.
No girls nights out.
No mom's day out.
I'm just having a moment that I know will pass, but for today, for right now, I'm feeling claustrophobic.
I know when I am finished nursing, I will feel a little sad, so I shouldn't complain at all.
Plus, who wouldn't want to spend some one on one time looking into this face...

Brigg's birthday is this weekend...seven years old.
Seems impossible.
It has caused me to be a little sentimental today as I searched for cake ideas.
No more Bob the Builder.
No more Disney characters.
Nope...he wants baseball or soccer or golf cakes.
Sad.

And Lani.
She's so funny. She's in math camp this week.
Apparently fashion is still important at math camp.
We had to paint her fingers and toes yesterday and she insisted on wearing a dress.
I'm concerned about the years ahead.
But for now I am just trying to live in the moment. Enjoy each of them today...nursing, baseball helmets, fingernail polish and all,
They are amazing and I am so glad I get to be their mommy.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can this be? 7!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell Brigg Happy Birthday from the three of us and we hope he enjoys his big day!

gale

Beckysblog said...

Absolutely great picture of Ayla. It made me laugh, she is sweet.
And if I could, Id give you a medal for nursing exclusively for that long. I know I could never do it.
I hope the claustophobia feeling passes soon. Here's to a real date night for you and Paul...maybe this fall? ;)

Kari said...

Still nursing Haidyn..really don't know why...thinking it's b/c I know she's the last one :-(
Easier said than done, but keep savoring these fleeting moments!