Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Paper Mache Masks-Day1

A while back, on another blog, I read about making paper mache masks.

I knew Macy was going to be coming this week, so I made plans to do these while she was here.


You need to know that the blogger whom shared this idea is practically a "real" artist! :)
But I still thought I could give it a shot.


At the very least, it was a total mess.
At the very best, the kids had fun putting the first layer of newspaper on the balloons.
Then they stopped. One layer and the thought they were done.
They were saying "OOOOoooo, it feels GROSS! It feels like puke!" All the while giggling.
So I cleaned them up and shooed them out of the room while I finished layers 2, 3, and 4 on all the balloons.

The balloons will dry until morning and we'll work on Day 2 tomorrow.
Thanks for the inspiration, Naomi!!
I'm sure I will be cleaning up goo for years to come...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Naomi Haverland said...

I hadn't checked the blog in a while, so I just saw that you actually did them! You deserve a "good mom" award for dealing with the goop.
Have you started painting them yet?