Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Breathe in...Breathe out...

So we thought we sold Paul's camaro last week. Auction ended on Ebay with a buyer from Texas. Things got a little shady from there.
Turns out he doesn't want the car. He had already paid a $1000 deposit.
We were told we needed to give the deposit back. But we are paying fees left and right on Ebay and PayPal and who knows where else.
So I spent hours...literally hours...on Monday trying to get things straightened out. Talked to Ebay and PayPal and the crazy man from Texas. I thought we had it all figured out.
Filed a dispute against the crazy man from Texas on Ebay.
He informed me at 7:30 AM on Tuesday via cell phone that he did not appreciate that.
Well.
Sorry.
Trying to be a stand-up kind of girl, I agreed to fully refund his $1000 deposit.
I did as the PayPal customer service agent advised and tonight I see they DOUBLE withdrew $1000 from my checking account. Seems we had some kind of "misunderstanding".
Fabulous.
Spent another hour...yes, a full hour at 9:00 pm...on the phone with them.
No, they will not refund any fees I may receive.
Seriously.
How did this turn into being OUR FAULT?!?
So tonight I'm imagining this is me and oh, say,
the crazy man from Texas.
or possibly the PayPal customer service agent.
or even the LIVE CHAT agent from Ebay.

I kinda feel like sucker punching ONE of them. At this point I don't care which one.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes...that stinks. I hope you can get it straightened out and get everything refunded! What a pain in the keister.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a sign that Paul is not supposed to get rid of his camaro...a very harsh sign, though, and I feel so bad for you guys! Nauseous, too! There seriously could have been a much easier sign! Praying all of this gets fixed for you! Good luck!

Holly said...

not cool. so not cool.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cassie...so sorry! Keep up the good fight...don't let them wear you down!
Dianne S

Beckysblog said...

what a disaster for you! so sorry!I hope it all gets worked out.