Monday, July 7, 2008

Can we even begin to comprehend this?

143,000,000
that number is so huge, it feels impossible to make a difference. but i have been witness to more than one family who HAS made a difference in the lives of one.
what does that mean to me?
well for today it means i will continue sponsoring 2 children,
i will send my breastmilk to an orphanage in south africa and to NICUs in the USA,
i will support those families who choose to give an orphan a family,
i will continue to talk to my kids about what it means to see the bigger picture,
to take care of and love your neighbor,
and i will continue to allow my eyes to be opened and my heart to ache for these children.
for today, i will not do everything i probably could, but i will do something.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

I am so glad you posted this. I was really moved by that clip. That puts some perspective to the number, which is so difficult to comprehend. You make a great point. Not everyone will adopt an orphan, but EVERYONE can do something, at least a little something to help. Your family is a wonderful example in finding ways to give.

Jennie Peakin said...

You ARE doing a BIG SOMETHING!