Sunday, July 13, 2008

The cake

We are birthday people. We make a big deal about it. That's just the way we work around here. I feel like I need to preface this post with that. I know I will get made fun of for going all out.
So this morning we had the table decorated for breakfast...
And I finished the cake.
Not perfect, but I was very happy with the fondant! It was FUN!!


I love to do this for my kids. We don't go all out on gifts. Just a couple things, but I do love to go all out on a cake and decorations and just making them feel like the day is all about them. I always felt that way as a kid and it's something I like to pass on to my kids.
So we are going to swim and grill and then Brigg will get to see his cake. As for now, it's covered in the kitchen...waiting.
THANK YOU Holly, for getting back to me last night. I think the fondant turned out great and it actually tastes pretty good! I'm anxious to work with it again.
Happy birthday to Brigg!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Wow, Cassie...I am impressed! I may need some pointers from you on how to make that fondant. It looks professional!

Beckysblog said...

The cake looks awesome! I am very impressed!

We love to make a big deal out of the cake and decorations too. Our kids always look forward to seeing what mom and dad have done to celebrate their special day!

Great memories!

Hawkfeather said...

aww. i hope no one makes fun- these are the memories your kids will build their future on.. i think it is beautiful (and I do the same)
stranger posting on your blog here.. but if you ever feel like sharing y fondant recipe i would LOVE to have it!
the cake looked wonderful.

Meghan said...

Hi Cassie-
You dont know me, but you know my husband...Brian Lynch. I found your blog thru Beckys and Melanies, and the three of you were an inspiration for me to start my own and I love it! Thanks for sharing!
Meghan

Melanie said...

Very cool cake!!!