Saturday, July 12, 2008

Change of plans

Chuck-E-Cheese it out. FINE BY ME!!! One by one the invitees to Brigg's overnighter have dropped out. We are down to one. He didn't bat an eye. "It'll be fun with just Max!" We we are changing our plans a little bit to accomodate just one friend. We are going to pick up a pizza and go bowling. I bought all the fixins for banana splits when we get home. We ar saving the cake for tomorrow.
And the cake.
Hilarious.
I picked out a cake online and emailed my blogger friend, Holly, to get some tips. She makes amazing cakes (check them out!).
I think she may have been laughing at me, but she willingly gave me some tips to put together a marshmallow fondant covered cake. In the shape of a baseball.
I found myself elbow-deep in crisco, melted marshmallows and powdered sugar...dialing Holly's phone number. (I have never actually spoken to her in real life, but she was kind enough to give out her number). Well, she must have been busy with her 4 girls (one set of twins) ages 4 and under. So I had to use my imagination and cross my fingers. I am going to be putting the cake together tomorrow, so we'll see how it turns out. I was just laughing as I tried to figure out this whole fondant deal. I may not be as capable in the kitchen as I had thought.
So anyway, off to take these boys bowling.
(and I do plan on whoopin' up on Paul while I'm at it! shouldn't be a problem...)

2 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Wow...those cakes are AMAZING! I can't wait to see Brigg's cake!

Holly said...

OH NO!!! my phone was off!!!!
I'm calling right NOW.