Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New books, Poisonous Bottles and Preschool

Well I have some new books. (See "My Library" on my sidebar)
New books=Little sleep.
Fortunately, I do not require much sleep.
Unfortunately I cannot just read one book at a time. I have to absorb a little from each one every night. So my mind spins long after I turn off the lights. Good and bad.

I'm trying to get Ayla to take a bottle. I'm a complete failure at this. I swore I would give her a bottle each and every day from the day we brought her home and I have not. I found she seems to have a milk allergy, so we switched to soy. She acts as if it is poison. So I tried to put breastmilk in a bottle tonight and guess what, she thinks that is poison as well. Apparently it has nothing to do with the fluid, only the vehicle in which it is contained. We are still working on the cereal feedings. I think she's getting a little bit better. There seemed to be about 25% less gagging today. Hey, that's progress at least.

Today was Nalani's last day of her first year of preschool! YAY! I'm ready for it to be over. She is really really going to miss her teachers, but I've got her signed up for some pretty great things this summer, so I think she'll survive. Brigg was totally mad this morning. He informed me that this would also be his last day of school. In Brigg's little world EQUAL=FAIR. We have this discussion often. Apparently he doesn't quite get my idea of "fair does not mean equal". So we'll continue to work on that.

Off to bed...anxious to hit my overflowing nightstand!

10 comments:

amy smith said...

oohhh, i want to read red letters when you are done!

Jennie Peakin said...

I LOVE Red Letters!!!! It is so great! I am reading it slowly because I am reading Captivating too, but I never want to put it down! I know you're going to love it! :-)

Thanks for helping us out yesterday with Tate...we really appreciate it!

Courtney said...

i'll be interested to see how you like "creative family". i've been reading her blog for a while and like it. but can't decide if she's "for real" or just a little too much for me...:-)

Cassie said...

actually courtney, i am almost done with that one after last night's reading session! :)
as with most books like that, i found it to be a bit extreme, but i pulled some fun things from it. you seem to be quite creative, so i'm sure you foster creativity in your kids and in your home and you probably do tons with you kids in that way. but there were some cute ideas that i know my kids will love. lani is really getting into artsy stuff, so i was looking for something with some ideas to encourage her in that area. i think i found it here! as i came across an idea i liked, i just noted that page # and idea in the back flap of the book to reference back to and in the end, i probably had a list of 20 or so things.

Anonymous said...

E and I read red letters a few months ago. i can't wait to hear your take on it. i love how you process things and help me learn what i've read. You always help me see things in a better light. :-)

that creative family book isn't on Amazon...can you just tell me how to be more creative? i know 3 little girls who would appreciate it!

Beckysblog said...

We have the opposite problem in our house. Lauren was in tears and almost hyperventilated last night when I told her she had less than 2 weeks left of school.

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

unsolicitated advice:
When we started giving Bode a bottle, our doc suggested to not have the breastfeeder do it, try to have Paul or you mom and see if she will take a bottle from one of them. She knows she doesn't have to from you. Maybe you have tried that already, if not, it's worth a shot.

Mary said...

Red Letters is great, you will love it. It is one that I think EVERYONE should read!

Holly said...

what is the creative family blog?

Cassie said...

www.amandasoule.com