Monday, May 19, 2008

6 months


Is it even possible that Ayla is 6 months old already?! I can't believe it! She had her doctor's appointment today...shots and all. She weighed in at a whooping 15 pounds 12 ounces. And she's 25 inches long. That's the 50th percentile for both. The child is not sitting up yet despite all our efforts to force that this last week before the appointment. The doctor looked her over and tested her and smiled. She said Ayla was definitely strong enough, she just doesn't want to. Hmmm. What does that mean for our future? Also Ayla won't eat anything but breastmilk. Totally refuses cereal. Purses her lips and bats at the spoon. If I do get some in there, she spits it all over. Good times. The recommendation? Keep trying. Same time every day. Mix it with breastmilk instead of formula. Apparently she needs to start eating something other than my milk. Alrighty then.
Shots weren't too bad this time. She cried, but it was more of a ticked-off cry. She stopped 6 seconds later and fell asleep as soon as I put her in her car seat. OH! and when the doctor shined her little light in Ayla's mouth, she found that a bottom tooth had cut through! Her first tooth!! She said we should be seeing it in the next few days. Brigg will be so mad. He and Ayla were having a contest to see who would get/lose a tooth first. Guess Ayla wins. Poor Brigg.
So that's it. Happy. Healthy. Growing. Must be doing something right! :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Geesch, none of my kids sat up that early. Dont be so hard on the little thing!!! :)
kidding.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she's darling and perfect, just as I already knew!! ;-) Love ya Ayla Lyn!!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I think Ayla looks huge! It's because I don't see her for a month at a time and then when I do, she's grown. So at least she is going in the right direction.

Allison said...

I can't believe how BIG she looks and I can't believe she is 6 months already!

Anonymous said...

The pic is deceiving actually.... She's light as a feather really. :-)

amy smith said...

is she reading yet? :)

Cassie said...

yes amy, chapter books.