Sunday, February 3, 2008

It was scary...

Mom and I decided to head to the QC for a quick shopping trip after church. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Just as we were getting ready to head home, the flake started coming. We drove 25 mph all the way home. it took an hour and a half. It was scary. I had 2 precious babies in the backseat and thoughts of a high school friend and his wife in a tragic accident a couple of weeks ago racing through my mind. Not fun. So thankful to be home safe and warm tonight. Stay home. I might not leave town again until MAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well we drove home in it also and we had snow and ice from just outside williamsburg all the way to DSM. We of course still went fairly fast with mister invincible driving. We did get a little sideways once, but didn't slow us much. talk to ya later....great weekend by the way, always fun.

Sara said...

We were probably in the same line of cars. I ran to QC also to get last minute things for Guatemala. I was very scared and so glad to pull into town. Glad you are all safe!

Unknown said...

Glad you made it home ok...the snow came on kind of quick, and there was a lot of it at once!