Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Approved!

Yesterday I got an email saying that I am fully approved for the breastfeeding donation program. Ok, that officially makes me a "Human Milk Donor". That sounds funny. But I found this to be very exciting because I have been following a blog written by a husband of a young woman with cystic fibrosis. He blogs regularly and his wife just delivered their baby 15+ weeks premature. She is on the waiting list for a double lung transplant and is on a ton of medication. She cannot breastfeed her premature baby. They have chosen to feed their baby donated breastmilk! The company that I am doing this program through donates part of the milk to orphanages in Africa, and part of it to NICUs in the US. It was exciting to read about how another family is benefiting from this program!! Good stuff!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I think I read that same blog (tricia & gwenyth?)! No idea where i came across it, but it's interesting.

way to go, milkin' machine!!!

hotflawedmama said...

Yay! that is very exciting! happy jugs!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! to cool.

Cassie said...

yeah heather, that's the one!

Jennie Peakin said...

sweet...you're a milk factory!

amy smith said...

very, very cool.