Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Bread Post

A few weeks ago, I posted about baking bread. I had a few people who commented that they wanted the recipes. Let me first say, that I am no expert on bread making. I believe it is an art to be mastered and I'm nowhere NEAR having it mastered. But each time I make it I think it's a little better. But trust me, it will take years. In the photo on that post, there were 2 kinds of bread. The longer, lighter loaves are my grandma's recipe. I LOVE making that bread...even though I usually don't even eat one piece. I'd be able to go without bread for the rest of my life, I'm quite certain. Anyway, there is something about the smell of bread...it brings memories rushing back. Memories of my grandma and memories of my childhood. It is a great joy for me to bake this bread with Lani and Brigg and have them knead the dough and get covered in flour from head to toe. It makes a mess and it's usually and all-day event, but I'm sure it creates memories for Nalani and Brigg as well. I don't think it's possible though to just post the recipe. There are too many quirky things that are not in the recipe and need to be demonstrated. BUT the other loaf of bread in that photo (the round one) was a new recipe. Paul brought it home and we tried it out. He thought it was pretty good! (Remember, I don't eat the stuff, so I cannot verify how good it was!) But it was an EASY, no-knead bread recipe that I thought others might want to try. The good thing about bread is that you can mix things up once in a while and try it with different kinds of flour and it totally changes the bread. So anyway, here is the recipe for that crusty bread. Paul suggests that you eat it with soup or dip it in something. It IS a crusty bread. Here ya go...

No Knead, Dutch Oven Bread

1 comment:

Courtney said...

so, i mean, WHAT do you eat if you don't eat bread?? i WISH i didn't like bread!