Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chicago-Part 1

I have this "thing" about going to Chicago.
I was sharing my "issue" with someone the other day.
It's part of my live-in-the-moment stuff.
And on our way to Davenport, there is this sign that says Chicago.
Every single time I pass it, I say, "Let's just go. Let's go to Chicago right now."
Nobody ever agrees with me. I think they believe I'm kidding. But I'm not.
I truly want to go.
Right then.
And deal with the repercussions later.
You know...like picking my kids up for school, or making supper or keeping my bank account on the positive side.
So we never do it.
It's too hard with a house and 3 kids and a dog, and a family life.
BUT...it IS possible to plan it one week in advance.
So that's what we did.
And Saturday morning after farming off the last of our children, I hopped in the car with Paul and we shared a collective scream of excitement. :)
I was drinking my coffee and we decided to make this our motto for the next 30 hours...

It wasn't a problem.
We accomplished our mission.
We each packed a backpack, drove to Galesburg, IL and hopped on an Amtrak train into downtown Chicago.
A little over an hour to Galesburg and a little less than 3 hours to Chicago.
Here is Paul in the "Observation Car"...

And here am I on the observation car...

We got to Chicago around 3:15, checked into our hotel, and got settled.
Changed clothes and headed out on the town!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Courtney said...

ahhh! this is so fun! i LOVE how you're writing this! it's like i'm watching a movie :-)

Beckysblog said...

Id go. If you said to me lets go.

id go.

just an FYI for future reference.