Wednesday, December 17, 2008

switching gears...

I'm having a hard time switching gears here. The big water party is over, but I just can't get myself switched over to actual holiday planning and preparing. I've been focused. So very focused on water and now we are 8 days out from the holiday. And have I mentioned Brigg is going with my parents on Christmas night to Florida for 9 days? I haven't? Well maybe it's because I'm in denial about it. Although he is NOT. He would leave today if we let him. He will also be attending the Outback Bowl to watch his precious Hawkeyes play on New Year's Day. Yes, he is beyond excited. And I may even be a little bit jealous about that whole Hawkeye gig.

So I need to get kicked into gear here. I can honestly say that ALL of my holiday shopping has been done online. I have a couple little things to pick up and there is a huge storm coming tomorrow. Brigg's classroom party was moved up to tomorrow morning and I'm in charge of cookies....along with informing all the other parents of the change. You would think that would be enough to kick me into gear. But not so much.

Focus. I need to focus. But my mind keeps wandering....

No comments: