Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thanks!!

Great ideas fellow bloggers! AND, I am so happy I added my contact info on my sidebar because I also received a very informative email with some other suggestions. I promptly went to Amazon and purchased a cookbook entitled "Fast Fix Family Food". Which looks like it will not only have some high calorie, healthy snacks for Brigg, but also some quick, easy meals for the whole family! Thanks Kim!
And truly Steffany, I considered plumpynut. I have a feeling Brigg would not be into that. We'll try this for now. But thanks for the idea!
Just for the record, Brigg turned 7 in July and he weighs right around 45 pounds. He's getting so grown up that I sometimes forget that I need to remind him to eat. (Trust me, a reminder is never necessary for this woman!). So I do realize that this falls completely on my shoulders. I am going to try and be better about it. With three kids, I have days where I am just trying to get through and make sure I have them all at the right place at the right time. Eating is not always at the top of my priority list. I know it needs to be with Brigg. So today I went and picked up some things at the store specifically for him and hopefully it helps.

oh, and Ayla. We found ourselves at the doctor's office today in a bit of a panic. She is highly sensitive...to everything. She'll just randomly have an allergic reaction. Today was one of those times. I had just picked up Lani from preschool at 3:00 and Lani said, "Mom, Ayla's eyes are red and she is itching them." I looked at her and they were totally puffed up and red and splotchy all around them. I called the doctor and they wanted me to bring her in. I don't know what it was from. It went away on its own within an hour or so. But the doctor did give me instructions on what to do if it happens again. Really...how am I supposed to keep this all straight?!?

No comments: