Monday, September 8, 2008

Made it thru the weekend

Hadn't even turned my computer on since my last post until last night.
It was a crazy weekend.
The garage sale was a success! Woo-hoo. Went above and beyond my goal and I think there were some very happy people out there who picked up some very cute clothes and fun CD's! :) It was fun.
I loved that part.
Mingling with people.
Asking a little bit about their lives and what they were going to do with all my "stuff".
It had been a long 2 weeks preparing though. I got up at 6:00 and actually showered and got ready for the day. I put on jeans, a t-shirt and my TOMS. I even put on a little make-up.
Jody showed up around 7:30ish to set up the PlumpyNut lemonade stand and she said to me "Wow. You're dressed up." (I'm not kidding...jeans and a t-shirt)
I said, "What? No I'm not!"
She said, "Cassie, I have seen you this week. Trust me, you are dressed up."
Ok, so maybe I was. I barely got dressed all week.
And my house.
Oh my poor poor house. Was it ever neglected.
All I did all week was laundry. I just didn't want to get behind on laundry. And I didn't. But every other part of my house suffered. I hoped nobody showed up and wanted to use my bathroom because I really was going to have to say, "Nope. It's out of order."
And I left it all right after the garage sale to go to CF and visit Lisa. All of Paul's family was there and it was a nice evening. We grilled out and sat around the firepit and made s'mores. The kids squealed and had fun. And we got back home on Sunday and spent some time with Chris, Brenda and Bode.
Brigg got sick with sore throat and fever.
I put everyone to bed early and started trying to get things back together. I have made a small dent. Much to do today, which could be a little difficult with a sick child at home.
Overall, a great weekend.
And the lemonade stand. Over $450 made! That is amazing. Thank you to all those who stopped over and made a donation. What a huge success that was!! And thank you to Jody for setting it all up and finding time to escape from her 6 kids to man it for a while. Well worth it!
Clean-up efforts begin now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh, how cool is that!! So glad it was time well spent. You are amazing, and I love the "dressed up" story. That's so funny!

Holly said...

phew.