Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm not even going to try.

Really. I cannot say the words anywhere near as eloquently as Jody, so you will have to go read her blog first. Watch this video put out by an extraordinary organization in South Florida called 4KIDS. They are a foster care ministry and Jody observed while at an orphan conference in Florida last May. It's hard to watch, but DO....



Now go to Jody's blog and read her post on this project. Her words echo my heart, but I just can't write the way she can! Now go...



Ok. You're back, right? So you know about the monthly project!
These kids are all around us. They need us. So if you are so inclined, feel free to help out. Now I need to say that I am not keeping track here. I am just so excited to be able to provide an avenue. I understand that your passions may not be my passions! I get that. But I know that I love to have something presented to me and be given the opportunity to help without feeling like I have to dig for a way. It's overwhelming. All the needs are overwhelming to me. So we take baby steps. $4000 for PlumpyNut, stocking a local foster care closet, caring for our ailing neighbor, offering a helping hand to a friend, adopting a child...it all matters. So here's another opportunity for you. No obligation whatsoever.
You can donate any size pajamas or backpacks, but I am solely responsible for getting size 0-3 month to size 2T. If you'd like to get these to me or my mom or Jody, great. We'll take care of it from there. Lets blow them away with our efforts for our local kids!!
Ripples.

No comments: