Thursday, September 11, 2008

I need ideas...

Brigg is skinny.
I'm talking skin and bones skinny.
He sat in my lap this morning and it was like holding a bag of bones.
So today I am trying to find high calorie, yet healthy food ideas.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
He is pretty picky and has a hard time with meat, unless it is ground.
I feel like he has plenty of energy and he does eat 3 meals a day and at least one snack. I just think I need to come up with more calorie rich snacks. I just want them to be healthy as well.
Ideas please.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Have you tried the pedia sure drinks? They are kind of like chocolate milk, or white or strawberry and are full of vitamins, minerals and calories. We use them with Tyler sometimes when he doesn't eat very much.

Holly said...

avacados/guacamole?

amy smith said...

does he like smoothies? steve puts protein powder in the one's he makes the boys, and they can't taste it.

Allison said...

I wish I had this problem! But with me it seems like whatever I put in my mouth makes me gain weight - nutritious or not! What about whole milk smoothies, nuts, and snacks with real peanut butter?!?! I wish I was more help! Good luck!

Jennie Peakin said...

marble brownies....that's a good idea! ;)

Farm-Raised said...

http://www.amazon.com/Feed-Your-Kids-Right-Program/dp/B000K0EMFE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221187634&sr=1-1


This is an old, great book. My mom gave me her copy and I like it. Check it out, or just let me know and I'll photocopy some pages for you! :)

steffany said...

plumpy nut?
I had to feed this to the toddlers, they hated it but my other kids loved it. Especially my skinny one.
Great way to pump in the calories. I can give you the recipe.

Cassie said...

and leslie,
maybe you could send me a couple pages and i'll buy it later?!? i just ordered a cookbook at amazon...before i saw your comment. i may hold off for a couple weeks before buying anything else!
thanks!!