Thursday, November 4, 2010

this parenting gig is not for the faint of heart...

one minute you are wondering if you are ever going to get them potty trained and the next minute he is asking you what sperm is.
for real.
knock me over with a grain of salt.
and then like that, their innocence is gone forever.
oh...and the look on their face when they realize how they were created. well, let's just say i have no idea how i am going to explain this two more times to the girls.
ugh.
the older i get, the more i am aware of my lack of parenting abilities. if anyone actually knows what the heck they are doing, could you please fill me in?
thanks.

3 comments:

Sarah Guild said...

I'm not offering anything except that I possibly have less of a clue. While on a bike ride/walk with a good friend (who happens to be quite modest) and her two young girls, my four year old boy runs over to a clearing and whips down his pants to pee in sight of all. My friend: quite shocked. Her girls: astounded. Me: at a loss. We taught him to pee in the woods except that we didn't plan on the woods colliding with little girls on a walk. Great. I already struggle with good explanations of why I don't have certain parts that everyone else in this house has. Sex talk= me doomed.

Anonymous said...

Brody USED to believe that god plants a seed in the girls belly button before she is even born. I liked that explanation alot, until I had to finally explain the "whole truth" :) I will never forget! Keep doing what ur doing.....honesty and love! Ur rock this parent stuff! donna g

Shana said...

This is my FAVORITE!
It's like stand-up comedy - you throw something outrageous out there and then wait for their response - BAM! Laughter and disbelief in what is 'totally normal'.
Have I ever told you the "wet dream" story? It's the best!