Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sometimes I wish I still knew it all...

I have been thinking about this lately.
How come, when I was 23 years old, I knew it ALL?
I had it all figured out. You asked me a question, I gave you a confident answer.
It was simple.
And now, at 33, the only think I know is that the older I get, the less I know.
And the more children I have, the less I know about parenting.

At 23 I could have told you:
1. I will never have more than 2 children.
2. I will NEVER...not EVER live in Muscatine again.
3. I will NEVER...not EVER be a stay-at-home mom.

4. I will always live in a big, old house. (which i would give anything to SELL right now)
5. I would never...not EVER...let me child drink some of my coffee in the morning.
6. I will never...not EVER drive a mini van.

7. I will never cry when I send one of my TWO children to kindergarten. Not EVER.
8. I WILL have a dog. (yeah...we sold ours when we found out we were having baby #3.)
9. We WILL have a Harley by the time we are 25.
10. We will spend our 10th anniversary in Margarita Island.

I could go on and on with all the things I knew.
But obviously, I knew nothing.
Because not ONE of those things listed is true today.
And I have 3 kids who love art (photo documentation #1)
And sports (photo documentation #2)
And teaching themself how to potty on the big toilet (photo #3)
And thank GOD I didn't know what I was talking about.
Thank God.
But some days, I just wish I knew it all again.
It was nice.
No questions.
No doubts.
I just knew.
HA!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Trish said...

I have found myself asking similar questions, I will be 40 in July & will give birth to baby #2 in August yikes! Your post made me smile I can totally relate! As Daren always says "Just when you think....I have a plan, GOD giggles & says ummmm....nope I'm in charge it's my plan!"

Unknown said...

Aw that was such a cute post!!!!