Friday, February 26, 2010

Giddy...weepy...INsane

Can't decide how I'm feeling.
One moment I'm giddy with anticipation.
The next I'm hugging my kids on the verge of tears.
The next I'm helping my dad get out the door to head to Haiti.
And then it starts all over again.
It's been a crazy day.
The kids are realizing that I'm truly leaving and they are going to miss me.
But I know they'll be fine. We have lots planned for them. I only worry about Ayla because she's so little. But I'm confident they'll barely miss me.

The newest info on dad. (many have emailed with questions and i don't have lots of time to reply)
SO:
He is flying out this afternoon. Getting to Miami tonight and staying the night. Flies out tomorrow morning for Haiti. Arrives around 10:30am. They told him to be ready to hit the ground running. He will get directly to work. The previous anesthesia person had been there nearly 4 weeks. She had only signed up for ONE. She was losing it and needed to leave. It was fairly abrupt, but she gave him lots of information about what he would need to bring. Please be praying for him to get through security with his equipment. Apparently people are having a hard time getting in with all medical equipment. It could be interesting. He NEEDS this equipment to be the most effective. So if you are the praying type, please put that at the top of your list.
Also, rainy season started yesterday. He has a cot and a sleeping bag. He will be sleeping outside. They said the conditions were "horrible".
I just left the house and they were grabbing last minute items to head out the door. He was a bit crazy trying to make sure he had everything. And anyone who knows dad can imagine how this was all playing out at the house. I think he's having a mix of nervous energy, excitement and anxiety over the unknown. So be thinking about him. He leaves Haiti on March 10. They tell him that is the hardest part...walking away knowing that there is more work to be done. Lots to pray about.

And AFRICA!!!!!!!!!! T minus 3 days! I'm throwing things in a pile as I think of them. Got a head lamp today. Hilarious. I will not be bringing ANY technology. No computer, phone or camera. Which is a good thing. Because as I think about the 8 of us in Africa, I can imagine me wanting to live behind my camera lens the whole time. Which is not where I need to be. If you want to follow along, Jody will try to put updates on her sidebar under her Twitter account. Just go to her blog and check for updates. Her dad may also be posting some updates in blog form as well.

I think that's it for now. Oh yes...and we have a showing in the morning. Which I am now going to go prepare for. Oh how I hope it goes well. Paul has been SO SO busy with home inspections this week. 4 full house inspections and 3 radon. That is a good sign that things are beginning to move again. We have a house in mind if ours would sell soon. So of course I'm hoping THESE ARE OUR BUYERS!

Off to do some touch-up paint.
If you made it this far, thanks for listening. :)

9 comments:

Beckysblog said...

breathe, breathe, breathe....

amy smith said...

praying for your dad today.. was up all night thinking about his trip..

Nana B said...

Feeling the excitment....best wishes to all in your adventures (and house selling!) I so have all of you in my prayers!

Tisha said...

Made it :) Praying for your dad, for you for the team, for your children, for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for all of you & your dad.
Warriors!

meg duerksen said...

i am perfectly happy being behind the lens. :) i wouldn't know what to do without it. but no computer? this will throw me.
a head lamp? should i have that?

Eric and Pam said...

yeah crap. i didn't buy a headlamp. cassie, you will light the way. ha! :) thinking about you, the house, your dad and all that's in store for us next week! love ya! can't wait to see you!

Kari said...

No kidding...headlamp??? What am I missing?!
Praying for your dad....and your showing in the morning.
Can't wait to see you on Monday!!

Cassie said...

no need to worry girls.
there will be head lamps all around.
my gift to you...
:)