Monday, February 15, 2010

Rough day

Ayla has pneumonia.
She spiked quite a temp in the dr. office and I kinda freaked.
No school today, so I had all the kids with me AND my nephew, Tate.
While driving to pick up her prescriptions, she was a limp noodle in her car seat.
I said, "Ayla...AYLA!" And got no response.
I was a bit panicked and on edge after a night of no sleep.
Brigg reached over and woke her up.
Then he reached over and rubbed my arm and said, "Take a deep breath Mom. It's ok. She's just sleeping."
Sheesh. He's 8. And I'm tired.
But she is currently on neb treatments every 4 hours and fever reducers every 3 hours as well as an antibiotic. Which gives her horrible, urgent, diarrhea. I know, TMI. Sorry.
But this is what we're dealing with today.
Fortunately, Paul took half a day of sick leave this afternoon to come home and help out.
And she seems better tonight. Her breathing is a bit less labored and her cough seems more "productive".
She's still up with me after a very long, very late nap. I'm going to get in one more neb treatment before bed. Dr. said to not wait any more than 6 hours between treatments, so we'll be doing another early morning.
3 kids and it's still not any easier.
Just another day. :)

8 comments:

LK said...

Ohhhhh no! I can't believe that she got that sick. I thought she was sounding better. :( I wish I was there to help you out!
Big Hugs!

Candi said...

Poor baby!!!!!!! Makes my heart ache... sigh!! I'll see you tomorrow.

Courtney said...

oh wow! hang in there! that's so hard being worried and tired at the same time...

Anonymous said...

Poor Ayla! and Poor Cassie! Hope today is better!

Allison said...

Oh Cassie! This sounds terrible! I feel so bad for little Ayla and you. Hopefully today will be better. It makes for such a long day when the kiddos are sick!

Amy said...

Oh... so sorry to hear about Miss Ayla. Hang in there, friend. Hoping you can score a nap today.

mama barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beckysblog said...

Oh Ayla, she is so tiny, that would be scary.
Praying for you guys.