Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm trying here.

Really wanting to get my life back together.
Not sure when I lost all order, but I need to find it.
We are down to 13 days until departure to Africa.
I'm trying to get Ayla better, laundry caught up, bags packed and life planned before then.
I've got a ton of pictures that I want to get on here, too.
We had valentines parties on Friday.
The kids made salt dough hearts and painted them.
They put magnets on the back and wrote TO and FROM on the back.
These were their valentines this year...

I loved them.
I had to buy the magnets, be we had everything else in the art closet.
They were fun and pretty easy to make!
The funny part is that they missed their parties.
We headed to Leah's for the weekend and we needed to get out of town a little early to get Paul to an appointment in Iowa City before we continued on to Minnesota.
Lots of hours in a car.
As you can imagine, Ayla was a perfect angel...

Saturday I got to hang with Leah ALL DAY and Paul took Brigg snowboarding in the morning.
I was kind of sad that I didn't get any pics, but Paul took a couple on his phone.
Then I dropped Lani off at noon and they spent the rest of the day tubing.

Buck Hill was literally under 5 minutes from Leah's place.
It was SO convenient!
Paul texted several times throughout the day saying what an amazing time they were having.
Everyone was happy.
And here they are after hours and hours in the snow...

I think it's a good think I don't live in a big city.
Although often times I wish I did. I love the activity of the city. All the places to go. But with my personality, I would want to be DOING things and EATING fun things ALL. THE. TIME.
I would need a really really good job...making lots of money to keep up with all my doing and eating!
While we were there we hit Target...which is a special treat for this small town girl.
As well as Starbucks. Ayla and Lani had a frappachino.
And we wandered the aisles. I got lots of things that I cannot get in Muscatine.
It was sushi in the afternoon.
Um yeah...my FAVORITE food EVer.
And I never get it here.
And later in the night, between Olympic events and Ping Pong tournaments, we ordered some awesome pizza.
And did I mention bloody mary's?
Yeah...those, too. With pickles and celery and pepperocinis in them.
Leah and Jeff were awesome. Putting up with all 3 of our kids.
I think it was fabulous birth control for them!
And I'm pretty sure their kitties will never be the same.
It was a perfect weekend.
We came home filled up and fully refreshed.
Which turned out to be a great thing.
Because reality tends to slap you in the face hard after a weekend away.
And there was no exception this time.
FREEEEEZING house when we walked in the door.
Pneumonia and scary sick moments within 24 hours.
So thankful for the memories though. And time with fabulous friends who we can be ourselves with.
Thank you Leah and Jeff!! It was perfect while it lasted!! :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

LK said...

I was thinking about that today. There are so many places I was thinking we could go to. But staying in and hanging out was the best part of the whole trip!!! I wish that we could be neighbors! Every minute together is always so much fun!!!!! Thanks for coming!!!