Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's up....

1. 5K this weekend. I do realize that for many of you a 5K is an easy warm-up to your running routine, but it's not to me. I'm even a bit nervous! It's supposed to be in the 80s and sunny. Perfect. There is a kids' run afterwards that Brigg and Nalani are looking forward to. We'll see about Ayla. You do only have to be one to enter. She'd probably win. She is quick! :)
I have been running each and every morning (well 6 mornings a week), and have gained yet another pound. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? That's something.

2. Tonight was Brigg's first baseball game. He's been counting down the days since his first practice. It was cancelled. Too wet out. He was devastated. So sad. :( Good thing he has like 200 more this summer...the next one being Friday night already.

3. The house. OOOOOHHHHH the house.
Nothing. No showings. No offers. Nothing. So super frustrating. And nothing we can really do about it. I hate that.

4. Getting SO excited about the arrival of my newest neice or nephew. He/She will be making his/her grand entrance on June 12. We will be heading to Lisa and Tony's that weekend to help welcome him/her.

5. Overall feeling a bit defeated these days. We are frustrated about the house. Frustrated about my weight gain when I seem to be doing more physically than I have in a year. It's just annoying. But life keeps moving forward, and so will I.

So that's it. The latest Burback update. The end.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

man. sorry you're frustrated about the weight. i don't know what the DEAL is with that. people always say, "muscle weighs more than fat" - but i hate that phrase. i want the numbers to go DOWN!!!

can't wait to hear how the 5k goes! i'm so proud of you!!!

i GET brigg being devastated. so cute how it is their WORLD, huh?? :-)

Tisha said...

You should throw that ridiculous scale away!! It obviously has no clue.

Naomi Haverland said...

Oh, I wish I would have read this earlier. Then maybe I could have emailed you the night before your race, like you did for me!
The weight thing has me really frustrated too. Last summer I gained 15 pounds because I could never make it to the gym with the kids out of school. I kept thinking that as soon as the kids got back in school, I would get back to the gym and go back to the weight I was. Well, I have spent all school year consistently going to the gym, and haven't lost one pound. And yeah, muscle weighs more than fat, yada yada yada, I still can't fit into all my pants! Even after attempting to give up sugar, I didn't lose anything.
Ok, never mind... I'm not going to be encouraging. I'm just angry along with you.