Thursday, May 21, 2009

talkin' smack!

i always thought i got my competetive nature from my dad.
but as of today, i'm not so sure.
i was taking brigg to school this morning.
i had the windows down in the car because it was so nice.
i dropped him off and pulled out of the parking lot.
as i was approaching the pedestrian crosswalk stop sign, i see my mother coming towards us in her little white car with PRAYZ B license plates.
and then i see her fiddling around trying to get her window down.
i think to myself, "oh cute. she's excited to see us and is going to stick her hand out and wave and say 'good morning daughter and beautiful grandkids!'"
nope.
she did not.
as she rolled by us, i kid you not, she screamed out the window
"GO KRIS!!!!!"

are you kidding me?
i had no thoughts of american idol on my mind.
only thoughts of happiness to meet my beautiful mother driving down the street on this beautiful morning.
and she starts talkin' smack!
right there in the middle of the street.
really.
so sad.
:)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

I am sitting at my desk here laughing out loud hysterically because I can ablolutely visualize Mom doing that. She was probably so excited to do that that she forgot how to roll her window down...it's a miracle she didn't just honk her horn in excitement (you know...like when she was speeding and was so caught off guard she honked instead of breaking). I can't stop laughing! Oh Mom!

Anonymous said...

I bet you are a good mix of both of them! Fiercely competitive but hilarious all at the same time

Courtney said...

that is so funny! she sounds like a riot!