Friday, May 15, 2009

oh iowa...why must you be so fickle?!?

This is Iowa, people.
We have learned not to depend on the weather.
I am a planner. We planned a camping trip weeks ago and started preparing.
Of course, today we see the weather will not cooperate.
Good thing I'm flexible, too!
It appears the "strong storms" will be gone by morning.
So I think we're going to have to hold out and leave first thing in the AM.
Which actually sounds better to me, as I'll have Paul to help pack and prepare and load.
So it's all fine.
But seriously, one day I'm just going to be done with Iowa.
Done with the weather and the 10,000% humidity and the bitter cold temps, and the ridiculous amount of bugs.
One day.

3 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Jordan's been done with it for years and has been trying to convince me to move!

Someday I tell him!

Sarah said...

Colorado sounds like the perfect fix! :)

Sarah Guild said...

After living elsewhere (albiet: not perfect climates)I can tell you what I miss: the COMMON SENSE about things that Iowans have. The good schools with reasonable taxes. If I lived in San Diego (perfect climate) we'd eat Ramen Noodles for every meal. Common sense is NOT present everywhere and I surely miss it!