Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random Facts

I still have a cold. I've seriously had it for at LEAST 3 weeks. Probably 4.
It's driving me insane!
Just a random fact.

CSA's. Did I ever blog about this? I can't remember.
We joined a CSA this year...Community Supported Agriculture.
Every Tuesday we get a cooler full of fresh veggies from a local farm.
Yesterday was our first delivery. SO fun!
We had salads tonight with fresh lettuce, radishes, and green onions from the farm.
We added sauted tofu, garbanzo beans, black olives, banana peppers and dressing.
YUM!
So excited for what's to come.
Another random fact.

Tomorrow Nalani graduates from Pre-K.
She has a program and will be singing a solo.
And next year she will be in kindergarten.
sniff sniff.
Another random fact.

We are transitioning Ayla to one nap.
It's been a rough go. But she's adjusting.
And after tomorrow, we will not have preschool drop off and pick up to get in the way!
Random fact.

Paul and I are running a 5K next week.
Yikes!
We will be heading to Des Moines and "Giving a Dam about Hunger" :)
Should be interesting.
I've been jogging 5 mornings a week for 6 weeks and have gained two pounds.
Seriously frustrating.
But I am determined if nothing else.
And I will cross that finish line...even if I come in last place.
Somebody has to be last!
It will be fun.
I'm actually very excited.
Yet another random fact.

Kris won American Idol.
Adam is by far more talented.
But it was a good show. And they will both be stars, no doubt.
We let the kids stay up and watch.
It was fun...but certainly not as much fun as running 3 miles will be! HA!
And that is my last random fact of the day.

7 comments:

Candi said...

I told you so.... :) To see him embrace his wife.... PRICELESS!!! I am fine with it, really really fine with it :)

angie said...

3.2 miles, Cassie :) You can do it!! That is awesome you are out there doing it and trying!! And for a wonderful cause! Good luck!

Cassie said...

WHAT??
I thought it was 3.ONE.
that last .1 will KILL me!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cassie, I love ya!

Courtney said...

that transition from 2 to 1 nap is KILLER! but once you've made it, you wonder how you ever did it with 2 naps to work around.

and i hope the race is FUN!!! :-)

Sarah Guild said...

1. We love our CSA. Glad you like it, too!
2. Good luck on the 5K. It'll be fun and the spirit of the races is contagious.

Trish said...

Good luck Cassie, you'll be great!