Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Junk Food Junkie

So here's the deal. I realized tonight that I am a junk food junkie. I had some left over Hawaiian Punch from Brigg's Valentines party in the fridge and I couldn't stop myself from chugging it. I try very hard not to eat/drink a lot of the things that I am ashamed to admit I love, but I have no will power. So basically, I just don't buy it. I drank a soda one time in front of a friend and she said, "I didn't know you even drank soda!". Well that's because I don't. Because if I do, I will drink like 6 a day. Seriously. If I were 10 years old and had no adult supervision, I would in all honesty be able to live on the following items...

1. Totino's pizza. Probaby "Combination" topping. That's fake pepperoni and fake sausage. I used to have 10 at a time of these in my freezer in college. I think I ate at least 2 a week.

2. Mountain Dew. No...NOT diet. The read deal. And I almost like Mountain Dew Code Red even better.
3. Hawaiian Punch. And ya know what? It's even pretty good mixed with Mountain Dew. It's kinda like homemade Code Red.


4. Cheetos Cheese Puffs. Sometimes I buy these for the kids as a "special treat". Really, it just means I had a weak moment at the grocery store. I could eat a whole bag at a time. They're like air, right?!?



5. Spaghetti-O's. Now they make them with Calcium. That makes them healthy in my book. They probably shouldn't be on my list of favorite junk foods. They should be in my list of favorite health foods.




6. And Donettes. CHOCOLATE. Not powdered sugar. How could you not eat these for every breakfast if given the opportunity?!? LOVE them. They are so very disgusting and UN-healthy, but I need to admit that I absolutely love them.



So there you have it. I could easily get 3 well-rounded meals out of those foods. Obviously I have a responsibility as a parent not to serve these foods to my children on a daily basis, but I felt like coming out of the closet with my secret junk food obsession. I don't give in often, but when I do, there is no stopping me. And honestly, these foods are embarrassing to love.
What are some of your secret junk food obsessions??

12 comments:

priscilla joy said...

1)I love donuts, about any kind.
2) Cheetos or Doritos
3) Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice-Creams
4) A fountain cherry pepsi..yum

I wish I was one of those people who ate and ate and ate but never got fat. =)

Candi said...

We don't have the time or space for all my faves!!! Sorry, you got that love from me....
Anonymously,
???

Candi said...

Oh shoot, you see my name!!?? HA!!

Unknown said...

Funny, Cassie! I LOVE donuts...especially Casey's, but the Donettes are good, too.

Courtney said...

oooohhh.. love this post!
because i LOVE junk food:
anything gummy: swedish fish, gummi bears, used to DOWN bags of Twizzlers but now they upset my stomach. sad, huh??
also love ice cream, m&m's and brownie batter :-)
to name a few...

Tisha said...

I'm with Courtney-anything gummy and gooey and fruity. Dots are my current favorite. Yum.....

Trish said...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step!!! :)
My faves are popcorn (which I eat daily sometimes 2x a day) Doritos, & starbursts. Here's to all the junkies out there (like me)

angie said...

oh. my. gosh. this posting is hilarious! i must show jerod :-)

Cassie said...

angie, you cannot show jerod!
he'll probably throw up in his mouth a little bit! :)
he's no fun...

Beckysblog said...

Um, you hit on three of my top ones. Tostinos pizza I LOVE THEM, Mt. Dew and cheetos puffs.
I also love ding dongs. LOVE THEM!

And Angie, Someday I vow to hold Jerod down and shove some ding dongs down him while someone else pours Mt. Dew in! Its going to be GREAT!

Naomi Haverland said...

1. Rockstar
2. Diet Coke PLUS (added vitamins and minerals)
3. Swedish Fish
4. Peach Rings
5. Chiken in a biskit
6. Brown sugar (right out of the bag)

Melanie said...

You just named most of the items in my cupboard and fridge. I have some token apples sitting in a bowl on my counter but don't think they'll get eaten before they rot. I was complaining to Jason the other night about our "junk" cupboard. We are the worst.