Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I just don't know about this...

I never wanted to be a cheerleader. Even when I was little. I remember that my cousin Gale talked about being a cheerleader, and I idolized her, so I may have considered it for a split second, but then I remembered that I would hate that. So I nixed the cheerleading dreams. Plus I can only jump like 1 inch in the air...and that's if I'm lucky.

So Lani wants to go to cheerleading camp. She's 4. I'm pretty sure she dreams of being a cheerleader one day...as a career. And I really have no idea how to deal with this. How could I possibly have a child who wants to be a cheerleader?? This is uncharted territory for me. I've done a little research and found a place that offers cheerleading to little 4 year old girls. I'm still dragging my feet. I'm sure that as much as I encourage Brigg to try new things, I need to do the same with Lani. But CHEERLEADING?!?! I'm struggling here...

9 comments:

Kari said...

Oh Cassie, I feel your pain. That is my number one fear with two little girls! Fortunately we are getting out of Texas where that probably would have been inevitable! :-) Start introducing her to all the cool women soccer players, tennis players, swimmers....anything but cheerleaders!!! Now aren't I encouraging?!! :-)

Cassie said...

she IS enrolled in british soccer camp this year. and she's pretty excited about it!! :)

Jennie Peakin said...

Come on now...cheerleading isn't so bad!!! Geez! I loved cheerleading, so maybe she got it from me! :)

amy smith said...

oh my, i feel your pain. RCA all the way though, they run a great program for the little ones.

Beckysblog said...

I'm right where you are!!!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I was not a cheerleader. I was a Pom, which is the same as dance team. In Harlan if you could not make the dance team, you were a cheerleader. Still, if I were a cheerleader, I would have been offendedby your post. :)

GOOOOOO, Lani!

gale

Jennie Peakin said...

OK, because I know you well and I know you were not intending to offend anyone, I was not offended. On the other hand...I could have been offended as well so I am not surprised by the overwhelming response to this post! :) I know that if Lani decided to be a cheerleader that you would fully support her and be proud of her!

Anonymous said...

OK now... here I go! I am Cassie's mom and Jennie's mom.... Jennie being a cheerleader as well as myself and I don't think Cassie was really meaning to offend anyone!! Of course I've been the target for much teasing because of my nickname "Toady" when I was a cheerleader and always wondered why Cheryl called me that.... I do believe I have figured it out after many puzzling years, I too was totally unable to jump off the ground very high.... not a good thing for a cheerleader :-) But I was a GREAT base for the pyramid!! ;-)Hmm?! It's kind of nice being so dense at times :-). Cassie would never want to make her mother feel bad and I am certain she did not intend to hurt anyone else's feeling either... Like I've said many times, if you're going to be around we Stewarts, you have to have pretty tough skin. Lani, you will make an adorable whatever you decide to be!! Love you honey.... and Cassie you too!!! Once a mother, always a mother ;-)!!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Last I knew Lani wanted to be a Pink Power Ranger! At least a cheerleader is in the rhelm of possibilty. Not to OFFEND any of you former Pink Power Rangers:)

I don't always like that my blog is open to people that don't know me and understand what I'm saying. That being said, I guess I don't really care what those people think about my thoughts anyway.