Friday, January 11, 2008

When the honeymoon is over...

How do I make our "Health in 2008" permanant? Right now I am still in that honeymoon stage. I'm loving eating healthy and starting my 8 week beginner running program and never eating out, but I know that is going to end...probably very very soon. I need to figure out how I make these changes a lifestyle change and not just a January 1-March 1 change. I can already feel it coming...the day when I fold up the treadmill and let the dust start collecting. When I skip past the bag of oranges for a bag of Doritos. Any suggestions??

3 comments:

amy smith said...

I think a wise person once said,
"Let them eat cake."

Anonymous said...

Cassie,
I did a diet plan through my doctor and he put me on calorie counting-which sounds like a pain in the behind-but it actually works. He said to keep my caloric intake between 1200-1500 calories a day and you will lose weight without exercise. Exercising will just help you lose all the more. It really works! But the best part about it is you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within that amount, so if you have a craving for chips or chocolate you can have it...just deduct it from your caloric intake and you will still lose weight! I lost a lot when I did it! Hope this helps a little.

Jean Minder

Anonymous said...

Amy Smith - not so wise. They cut off her head!