Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Phase 3

A few months ago I posted info about breastfeeding mothers and milk donation. Shortly after Ayla was born I filled out an application. That was phase 1. They accepted me and sent me letters to get signed by my doctor and Ayla's doctor. That was phase 2. Apparently we passed that as well. So on to phase 3. They are sending a donor test kit that should be arriving in 3-7 days. In it I will feed a cheek swab so they can do a DNA test to match up with my milk. They will also be sending out at tech to do blood work. As long as that goes through, I should be up at pumping in about 3-4 weeks! So excited about this. I have been giving Ayla bottles every now and then to make sure it's not a big problem and she's been doing great with it. If you are interested in this program, click here to read more about it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome, Cassie. What a wonderful thing to do!

amy smith said...

so proud to call you friend.
it is becoming so obvious to me lately, that to truly serve God, we must serve His children. well done.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested but the well runneth dry and I'm not having another baby to make it overflow again. ;)

Love this. Love that you are doing it.