Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birthday celebrations

Last night we had a birthday celebration for Bode and Brigg.
Bode turned 6 TODAY and Brigg turns 10 on Wednesday.
And no...I'm not talking about it.
Actually, I'm pretending it's not going to happen.
I fully believe in denial.
Sorry. I digress.

Anyway, Jennie made the boys a dirt cake.
It was adorable.
And we sang to them and they blew out candles.
Cute boys....

Then I got a babysitter and the "big kids" went out.
Bode decided he'd like to spend his last night in Iowa at our house.
I was so excited!
We love birthday mornings in the Burback household.
It was so fun to be able to share one with Bode!!
I set my alarm for the crack of dawn and I went and picked up donuts.
I pulled out the "Happy Birthday" banner that we have used a minimum of 12 times and put it up.
I stuck candles in the donuts and waited for Bode to wake up.



I'm not sure he knew what was going on at first. :)
But we all sang to him and he blew out the candles and we had donuts and milk for breakfast.













Then we had to bring him back to my parents so they could all leave and head back to Florida.
:( bummmer.
But we are so thankful for this time with them.
AND for this special morning with Bode.
Happy birthday buddy.
We love you so much!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Candi said...

Oh yes... what a handsome fun six year old he is... such a treat to share his actual birthday in IA. with ALL his cousins on the Stewart side.... Happy 6th Birthday Bode!! Love you buddy!!

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Thanks SO much! It was a morning he will never forget.

Lisa Borglum said...

awww...Bode looks SO old and TALL and HANDSOME!! What a cutie!