Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ready...Set...GO

Over 2 months.
That's how long it's been since we've had a showing. Each weekend we would go out of town, I would prepare the house "just in case". And each time I did less and less to prepare.
Which brings us to today.
My house has conquered me.
And I need to try and reclaim it because we have a showing tomorrow at 1:30.
That gives me just over 24 hours to prepare.
And I may just need the full 24 hours considering the condition of this place.
Thankful for a showing, but definitely not getting any hopes up.
So cleaning it is today.
Ready.
Set.
GO.

3 comments:

Sara said...

My house has claimed me too. It is a disaster. I keep trying to get to it and things keep taking me away from it. We will have an FHA appraisal anytime soon now. Craig said, "they're not looking at cleanliness." Yes, but it needs to be somewhat in order and not disgusting. So praying and hoping this is your last showing and your house sells this week!!!

Linda said...

I hear you, Cassie! The visits at our open houses have steadily declined. And I'm not motivated to keep this showroom ready...no phone calls, no interest. Uggh! Maybe this will be your buyer! Good luck!!!

Heather said...

thinking of you. i understand completely. it's so hard. i hope to never go through this again. we're still waiting to hear the results of our fha appraisal that was yesterday. apparently it has resulted in a long list of honey-do repairs (stupid stuff) and possibly a problem with the location of our well. it meets county code, but apparently fha has their own standards that are more stringent than County Code. It was installed according to code, but still may not be good enough for fha...frustrating. best of luck to you!!!!!!!