Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I hate it when I know I'm being silly....

The house that we have had our eye on since we listed ours sold.
And it makes me sick.
In my mind, we were there. Living the simple life in a cute, quaint little house with huge garden and canning kitchen and yard. I loved it in my mind.
But today it sold.
And I'm being silly about it by allowing it to make me sick.
I hate that I feel like this about a material thing. HATE it.
But I can't help it.
When we looked at it the first time, we were giddy. We fell in love.
Our realtor even emailed later that day and told us how fun it was to see a couple so excited about a cute, simple little home.
So like it or not, I'm feeling sad today.
Ugh....so annoying.

10 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

OH NO!!!! I'm sorry. Something better will come along. I just know it!

Amy said...

Some of our neighbors bought a big, big house across town and are still waiting on their cute, quaint little house down the street from us to sell. Over 6 months now of 2 mortgage payments, I think? You're not being silly, you are being very smart. There must be an even better house out there for you.

Courtney said...

very annoying...and real...but i KNOW there's something better for you!!!

Sara said...

I'm so sorry, Cassie. That has been my fear all along too. I was afraid when our house finally sold, there wouldn't be anything we liked or fit our needs. Praying for you often. I know your house will sell and you will find something else you love.

Beckysblog said...

Nothing silly about any of those feelings.

angie said...

Cassie, at least you can own your feelings and say them out loud. Not silly at all, just the truth. Thinking about you.

Trish said...

I'm sorry!
It wasn't meant to be I guess.
You'll find your "perfect" house!
Keep the faith!

Naomi Haverland said...

Don't you hate it when you become materialistic about being unmaterialistic? I always feel like I have a list of possessions I need in order to make my life simpler. For example, in order to simplify my life, I need one of those things that rolls your hose up in your yard. Ya know? Cause then I could be content sitting on my deck enjoying the outdoors, and not needing something superficial to make me happy. Maybe this doesn't relate to your post.

Cassie said...

that is hysterical naomi. and it totally relates to my post.

also, we have a cute little iron hook that sticks in the ground to hang our hose on.
i'm totally materialistic...

Naomi Haverland said...

I also need a garden.
And a better vaccuum.