Thursday, June 26, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

With each child, I had one item that I fell in love with and found to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

With Brigg I LOVED the sleeping gowns. I was figuring out the whole nursing/diaper changing schedule and in the middle of the night it was so nice not to deal with snaps and zippers. He was also a summer baby, so there were no concerns about him getting cold at night. So he would often be found in one of these:



With Nalani it was Bobux or Robeez. I LOVED these things. She got her first pair around 6 months and she wore them until she was 2 1/2. I wish they made them in adult sizes!!



And now with Ayla. When I was leaving the hospital with her, I had to have my little meeting with a nurse who told me all the things I should and should not be doing with my third child (and I'm pretty sure she had no children of her own). She said, "One thing that may have changed since you had your last baby is that you are not supposed to have ANY loose blankets in the bed with her." Ok. Well how do you keep her warm? I found this. I love it. I love the little pea pod on it. The zipper starts at the top, by her neck and then zips down towards her feet. That way the zipper isn't poking in her neck. Genius! It's perfect for when you have the air on in the summer and she needs a light blanket. I think every newborn should have one. Better than sliced bread, I tell ya!


So what are some of your "must haves" with your little ones?? As Ayla is moving into a new stage, I'm wondering what else has changed since my last one!! (And it would be fun to hear what you moms of moms out there thought was so spectacular when WE were kids!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED the blanket sleepers, too. Harrison wore them until he was about 18 months!

I also really like the placemats from Kiddopatumus...they stick into place and they are great for restaurants. I try not to be too paranoid about germs, but for some reason restaurant tables, highchairs and carts gross me out.

I also had a cover for carts and highchairs for when Harrison was in the chewing-on-everything stage.

Check out my blog for pictures. :)

Mary said...

One of my favorites is the booster seat high chair. We had the big high chair with Wyatt, and we were always moving it around, it was always in the way. SO with Rylee we got the booster seat kind that sits at the table. Then we got another since they were so close in age. We once again have 2 and I still like them better. I an't imagine 2 high chairs in my kitchen.

Jennie Peakin said...

A couple of my faves...

The Bumbo chair, Tate's jumparoo, his "taggie", Praise Baby DVD's and lately his bowls that are spill proof. The kind that have the rubbery lid that a child can reach in and pull little snacks out of, but when the bowl falls upside down, they don't spill all over...oh, and CROCS!!! They are the best shoes ever for little kids...easy to put on and easy to clean!