Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm not even kidding you.

Paul is a baby whisperer. It's a gift. A gift that has been passed down from generation to generation. It is a gift that fortunatley, with Ayla, has not been put to the test very often. It has only come out on one or two occasions with this child and tonight was one of those occasions. She was screaming...for a long time. My blood pressure was rising. I was certain she either had an ear infection or was dying. I handed her to Paul. In 10 minutes flat he had her calmed down and put into a deep slumber. Amazing. It is truly a sight to see. As some of you may know, Paul's mother and grandmother also have this gift. It cannot be taught. I have witnessed it several times over the past 6.5 years, and I STILL cannot figure it out. But I'll take it. Thankful for that gift tonight as I head to bed in my very quiet, peaceful home...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Do you think I may be able to borrow him for awhile?