Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The day ahead

It's going to be a crazy day today. I'm not looking forward to it. Brigg, Nalani and I all have dentist appointments starting at 9:30. Then we move on to Brigg, Nalani and Ayla's doctor appointments at 11:00. Ayla has shots and of course Brigg has a weight check. I hate days like today. Days where I feel like my parenting skills are being questioned. Do they brush twice a day? Do you floss their teeth every day? He still isn't gaining weight, are you feeding him a snack every day after school? Are you sure he gets one EVERY day? Reeeeeaaallllly.... hmmm...I don't know why he is in the TWO percentile then for weight. Are you using that super expensive shampoo I recommended for her cradle cap? Is she getting 20 minutes a day of tummy time? You're REALLY letting her sleep that many hours straight? You really should be waking her up to feed her. Come back again in six months so I can be sure you don't feel like you have your life in order! THANKS! Ugh. Off to try and feed Brigg a very hearty breakfast and dress him in the heaviest clothes he owns....
(BTW...I really do LOVE my pediatrician and dentist. She is amazing and I am not criticizing her abilities whatsoever. She is just doing her job....which kinda makes me feel like I'm not doing mine!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey- they are alive and kicking, and they don't have black teeth. You're doing great!! :) Hang in there, and I hope the day isn't too painful.

amy smith said...

and it is actually not their job to parent your kids. it's yours, and you do it wonderfully.