Monday, May 24, 2010

Nesting

Jody walked in my kitchen today to find me washing windows and scrubbing light fixtures. Fairly certain there was a look of disbelief on her face that I've never seen in all my years of knowing her. And for good reason. I was washing a light fixture that I had never washed since we moved in. I decided to go by the motto this morning "If you clean it, they will come" (buy it.)
We'll see.
But Jody thinks I'm nesting.
Preparing for our new puppy.
And she may be right.
We got an email from the owner this afternoon and she wants us to come pick our pup out this week. So we'll be doing that on Wednesday. Then we have to leave her and wait another 4 weeks before we get to bring her home for good.
Perfect.
That gives me another month to nest.
And sell this silly house.
(btw...i'm resorting to burying a st. joseph. i'm not opposed to trying anything at this point. desperate times call for desperate measures. now where do i find one of those statues??)

2 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Your favorite place to shop...Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Joseph-Statue-Eco-Friendly-Perfect-thoughtful/dp/B002L9Q6OW

Go to the link above...this one should be perfect for you because it's eco friendly! :)

Cara Hoherd said...

ooohhhh!!! The St. Joseph's statue TOTALLY worked for my parents! Do it!!