Wednesday, May 19, 2010

found in the archives...

my sister-in-law asked me to send her a pic from a trip to NW iowa in 2007.
i came across this photo and tears welled up instantly.
it was june 1, 2007.
almost exactly 3 years ago.
how does this happen?
and how do we make it STOP?

my one and only boy.
love him so so much.
lately he just seems old.
he seems a bit more protective of me than he used to.
he defends me always.
he laughs at my jokes.
he sings with me to the LOUD music in the car.
he's social and active and forgets to eat.
and he's turning 9 in july.
i don't even want to discuss what number that is half way to.
for real...i just don't.
my boy...love him.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa Borglum said...

I can't stop staring at that picture. I can't believe it. I forgot about him looking like that. He reminds me of my uncle Joe and Paul in that picture for some reason. But oddly, I see a lot of Ayla in him too which I don't usually see.

Candi said...

As he is so much smaller in that pic, I still notice those hands that he holds in such a way and wiggles like that now so often. That deep thinking amazing little guy he is now is oh so evident even 3 yrs. ago!! Oh how I love him as well... such a unique and sweet individual. God has given me the most precious, beautiful grand children, TRULY!!! I feel extremely blessed...sigh!