Monday, May 17, 2010

Back from the mountains

we made it home.
it was a really nice 4 days.
rarely do jody and i get to spend time together with no kids around.
and well, you may know it's been a rough couple of months around here.
so this little road trip was a perfect get away.
tonight i am praying that jody can see the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
the hope for her future that i see.
how much stronger she is today compared to 10 weeks ago.
and how much better they are going to be on the other side of this.
because it's going to be amazing.
big things are going to rise up from the ashes people.
so honored to call her friend.
so so honored.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Glad you got to go on this little trip with her!

Oh, and you BOTH have some seriously NICE HAIR! ;)

Cassie said...

we do, jennie.
you are amazing.
and thank you for watching my babies!!!

Jennie Peakin said...

was that sarcasm?! Oh well, you know the right things to say to make me feel good! And since you're not right in front of me so I can see that you were just saying that super enthusiastically to make me feel good, I'll pretend you're being serious! :P

And I LOVED watching your kids! And if you can ever forgive me for letting them stay up until midnight, I would love to watch them again!

Cassie said...

maybe when they are 16.
that was NOT sarcasm. maybe even 17.