Friday, September 18, 2009

Is it the weekend yet?

SO ready for the weekend.
We are heading to the Iowa game tomorrow. And quite honestly, there are few things I enjoy more than a Saturday in Iowa City, tailgating and watching the Hawks. Why is that? Do other colleges know how to tailgate like we Iowan's do? I wonder.
The smells and sounds and excitement. All the black and gold.
LOVE it.
Family arrives tonight and we are doing tacos.
After our showing and Lani's soccer practice I'm making tortillas and getting our tailgating food prepared.
And can I just say that the weather is perfect? These past couple weeks have been per-fect. If only it lasted all year. Not ready for winter. Nowhere NEAR ready for another Iowa winter. So I'll just deny it's arrival as long as I can.
Here's to a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

I'm so ready for the weekend too! And no, there's not a whole lot that's better than tailgating in IA City on a Saturday and feeling the Hawkeye Pride!!!! Wish I could join you guys. Have fun!

Sarah Guild said...

And the weather was amazing! My hubby got to enjoy his first game at Kinnick after being an avid fan for most of his life... couldn't have been a more perfect day (other than the fact that I bought meat on a stick that was not cooked through, yuck!... a reason to be a vegetarian, I guess). Hope you all had a great time, too!

Cassie said...

oh sarah...i HATE raw meat.
i wonder if you were reading my blog back during my RAW CHICKEN incident....
http://burbackfamily.blogspot.com/search?q=raw+chicken