Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunday

The kids and I made a flying trip to Des Moines.
My uncle was here from California and it's very rare to get the whole Clodfelder clan together.
Plus, I love my grandpa and wanted to take advantage of him being a few couple hours closer.
Isn't he handsome...

(he grew a beard to surprise my uncle who always has a beard. funny.)
We all gathered at my aunt Cathy and Uncle Steve's house in Des Moines.
They are a serious host/hostess couple.
Amazing food.
Great drink.
Lots of fun.
AND...they have a golden doodle.
I worked hard to get this pic of Ellie...


What?
You don't believe me?
Well scroll down to see.
Jennie shot these pics of me taking the above photo of Ellie.
I think Ayla was taking notes.


Too funny.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa Borglum said...

I was surprised to see your grandpa with a beard and then I read why and I laughed out loud! How typical of Tommy - LOVE IT!!! What a great picture of your grandpa and all his kids.

Candi said...

It was great to get together again... it is rare we all can like that and YES, Cathy is an amazing hostess and can pull it all off so beautifully, such a hard worker she is, she needs to slow down though, bet she was EXHAUSRED when she hit the sack Sunday night! THANKS Cathy!! The kids were a hoot and Dad is one funny 93 year old, no doubt! Good to see Lyonal again.... good times, special times! Dad's beard looks good and you gotta love those white locks!! : ) Ayla, you ARE too funny!

Beckysblog said...

ok, you are cute and your grandpa is THE CUTEST! I have always thought he was like the sweetest looking grandpa ever!

The Adams Family said...

Great pictures...we were so shocked to see Grandpa with the beard! I saw the photos..and told Geno - "Grandpa has a beard" and he was like "what" and rushed over to see. He hadn't recalled him ever having one before.