Sunday, March 21, 2010

AND

Our trip ended perfectly.
First, I need to say that we are Iowa Hawkeye fans through and through.
Always have been, always will be.
BUT, Paul and I, along with several sisters, brother-in-laws, cousins and friends graduated from the University of Northern Iowa. And we loved it there. It was just that UNI hasn't always been known for their success in sports. They are in a small conference and Iowa and Iowa State usual excel in the sports arena.
With that said, we were beyond excited when UNI made it through the first round of the tournament. We knew the panthers would be playing #1 Kansas as we were driving home on Saturday. We were hoping to listen on the radio. But as 4:40 approached, Paul and I looked at eachother and said, "We're HAVE to stop and watch. At least for the first half."
I googled Buffalo Wild Wings and we found one that we would be passing just as the game started. So we stopped.
And I am SO GLAD we did!
The game was incredible. I lost my voice. And we didn't get home until midnight. But it was so worth it.
GO PANTHERS!!!

No comments: