Wednesday, April 29, 2009

She's growing up

Ok, I have to share this story.
Today at Lani's program, Ayla showed self-control.
I was so proud of her.
I look at this photo and it tells a story in and of itself...

Lani's program was in a church. We were sitting in pews.
Ayla was sitting on Paul's lap.
See that little girl's hair in front of them?
See that butterfly hair tie??
It was killing Ayla.
Teasing her.
Calling at her to grab it and rip it out of the little girl's hair.
She was nearly shaking trying to contain herself.
Paul was reminding her not to pull it.
And she slowly turned her face towards him and gave him the above look.
I have a feeling we'll see that look a lot in the future.
But I am very proud of her for practicing self-control for the first time in her life.
I love her.
It makes my heart hurt.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beckysblog said...

SO glad you caught that look!

Candi said...

I was there to witness this whole thing... She could hardly stand it she wanted to grab that hair tie in the little girl's hair... it was a butterfly and just right there!!!! It was an inch from her reaching fingers when I noted her shaking NOT to pull it out! Very intense, GOOD JOB AYLA!! : )

Allison said...

I LOVE it! What a good little girl and you are right - I'm sure you will see that look a lot in the future!

Holly said...

um...could I borrow her?
thinking she might be able to talk some sense into Sophie because she sure ain't listenin' to me!