Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ahhhh...my soul needed that.

I'm usually in charge of the babies.
That's pretty typical around here.
And I am fine with it.
I'll send the big kids off to do fun things with Paul or my parents and I'll stay with Ayla.
It's just easier.
But today I got to spend the day with Brigg...by myself.
(well, there were hundreds of other students around, but I got to focus just on HIM.)

It was great.
We watched baseball.
And can I just say that it was a perfect day for baseball.
We laughed and cheered and our cheeks got rosy.
We ate lunch in the park and drove home together.

He is so funny. And witty.
I think we have a similar sense of humor. I get his jokes.
We like to turn the music up loud and sing louder.

I have been pretty crabby lately.
And I needed today.
I needed a good day with just my baby boy.
And good it was.
So so good for my soul...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

That is so awesome and I'm so glad you got to do that. I'm sure he needed it too!
Dont you just love getting to focus on ONE!?

amy smith said...

great pictures,
two beautiful people indeed.

Heather said...

Your pics are very good. I enjoyed the day too. It was a perfect day for it! I will send you the pic I took of you two. But, I haven't even got my camera out of my purse yet! I got a call on the way home for a showing tomorrow so I have been busy getting ready. How did your showing go today?

Courtney said...

that is awesome.
i'm so glad you got that time!

Anonymous said...

I get that~awesome!!