Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday!

Today was my first day of really following a schedule and starting into the curriculum at school.
It was a good day.
I am TIRED.
Paul is gone until Friday.
I had to take ALL the kids into school.
I drove through and grabbed supper and brought my computer with a movie.
The kids ate and watched a movie while I did lesson plans and made a million copies.

I'm thinking we may still be in our honeymoon phase, but man...I am really loving my class!
They are a great group of kids.
We started classroom jobs today and they took them very seriously.
I had them fill out job applications and apply for the positions. :)
Of course they all wanted to be teacher's assistant.

I started using the book nook today as well.
5 kids are assigned to that area each week.
And there is something about seeing your vision come to fruition.
It worked just as I planned.
They were so comfy and relaxed during our AR reading time.
It was so quiet in there you could hear a pin drop.
For a full 30 minutes.
At one point I looked around and seriously got teary.
"I am a teacher."
"This is my classroom."
"Could I possibly be more blessed?"
It was awesome.

Not an easy job.
I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the day.
But I'm hoping I start to have more and more of those moments of pure thankfulness and calm.
Because it really is amazing.

(But seriously...WHY CAN'T I SLEEP???)

8 comments:

Candi said...

SO happy for you.... you are going to change lives in your classroom... I know that. :] So proud of you!! sigh!!

Allison said...

So, SO excited for you Cassie! I love reading your updates on everything! I know you are going to be an amazing teacher!!!

Cami said...

My daughter tells me she got teacher's assistant. Way to go kid! :)

Cassie said...

she DOES!! and she's very good at it! :)

Farm-Raised said...

I love hearing about your new life in the classroom. It's inspiring!

Beckysblog said...

love you!
love reading about this!

Amy said...

This whole post just makes me smile. :)

Courtney said...

so excited for you!!!