Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Posting from Paul's computer...

...which has all the keys in tact. it's a luxury, i tell ya.
after my last post, i went back and looked at it and thought to myself, "nobody is going to be able to read that!"
so i decided to launch paul's computer and post a quick update.
yesterday i was horribly ill. high fever, stomach stuff, aches. not fun at all.
i was not a good parent during all this an ayla pooped on the floor, bringing me to tears. actually she brought me to tears more than once yesterday. it's nearly impossible to be that sick and be a decent parent. so glad i'm feeling better today.

tate is here for 3 days. my mom and sister are heading to florida right now to be with chris and brenda. brenda will be delivering her baby this week!!! SO exciting! so wishing i could be there, too. :(

i kinda feel like i've been living an out of body experience these past couple months. can't quite get myself back on track. i've been to africa and back, florida and back and now i've been helping jody prepare to move. so much going on. it's been a shock to my system and i'm having a hard time processing it all.
all the while, life still moves forward. showings and open houses, baseball practices and soccer games. piano lessons and recitals. not to mention poop on the floor and planning for a garage sale.
and yet, i feel distracted. it's been crazy.

last weekend paul did Rebuild Muscatine and worked from 730am -5pm on saturday and 8am-7pm on Sunday. It was a long weekend for him. Plus, he's been doing quite a few home and radon inspections.

We had a surprise party for Erin last weekend to celebrate her birthday. Mom and I started our Saturday off by driving to Milwaukee to a funeral. I'm pretty sure there is nothing more horrific than going to the funeral of a child. No words.
Then we drove from Milwaukee to Ankeny...6 hours. Spent the evening with family there. Sunday Paul and I took all the kids on a family bike ride. 8 miles to be exact. It was the first time Lani had rode her bike that far. She did great. it was a gorgeous day and nice to be able to spend it out and about with the kids.

This weekend we plan on going camping. Friday there are supposed to be thunderstorms, so it looks like we'll wait and go on Saturday. It'll be our first trip of the year. Hoping Ayla will be easier this year.

Oh, and we are getting a dog. A golden doodle, actually. It's coming from a family who owns 2 golden doodles of their own. Their dog is due on April 30th! So we are anxiously awaiting the email saying she has delivered. She'll be sending pics of the litter. Then we'll get to go to her house and pick out the puppy in 3 or 4 weeks. Figured since Jody was moving, I could replace her with a dog. Hey, maybe we'll even name it Jody. :) The kids did mention naming it Landers. Which IS kind of cute.

Lets see...what else??? We had a second showing last week. They don't want our house. Ummmm...yeah. Don't need to discuss that any further.

Every once in a while we have "slumber parties" in our bedroom with the kids. Ayla has never been a part of this little tradition...until last weekend. Saturday she got to participate. She was SO excited. And it was fun. It's kind of like staying at a hotel, only in your own home. A little mini vacation of sorts. You should try it! :)

And I've started packing. No, we haven't sold the house. No, nobody is intersted. But I'm so tired to being in limbo. I figure if we act like we are moving, maybe the house will sell. So I'm taking down pictures, moving furniture to the garage and packing up boxes. I'm sorting things to sell at our garage sale. And just plain clearing things out. It has to sell this summer, right?

Ok, I think that's it for now. Whew...I feel so much better just getting that all out. :) Hoping I can find a free moment to get my computer fixed this week. Missing my blog and my virtual friends. :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

now THAT'S what i'm talking about! MUCH better! i am missing you around here like crazy! thanks for filling us in a bit!!!

now i can pray for you more specifically.

Allison said...

Your house IS going to sell - I just know it! We are getting the same dog!! Not right away though! I love your idea of having a slumber party in your bedroom!! We will totally do that sometime in the future!
Have fun camping!

Beckysblog said...

will you please start using Paul's computer more frequently...?