Wednesday, May 26, 2010

unrelated, random update on life...

is it possible that i might be slowly, slowly coming out of an extended funk?
maybe?
let's hope so.
i'm starting to feel like i might not just be going through the motions. i'm planning things. looking forward to things to come. it's good!
plus, don't you just love it when someone shares a mutual "quirk" with you? when they tell you about it and you go, "oh my gosh!! ME TOO!" just makes you feel better about your psychotic issues. right? :)
someone shared that they get a little crazy when they are trying to get things together and planned to leave town. she may have called it "crabby". well yes, i TOO get crabby. that's the nice way of saying it. paul may have a different, more colorful descriptor for it. but remember reading about it before? thank goodness i'm not the only one!

and water! lots going on with water!! have i even mentioned water lately?? i don't think i have.
BUT...this is super exciting. there is a group of us who are planning on walking the BIX7 with (empty) jerry cans on our backs. An opportunity to raise awareness in the community and a good reminder of what people go through to access clean water on a daily basis. If you are interested in joining us, sign up HERE, and then email Angie at angelicamhunter@gmail.com to let her know you'll be joining us!

Fun, right?!?

We are going camping this weekend. Close to home, but it should be fun. There's a lake and boat rentals, and hiking trails. So looking forward to it. Feeling like we need to slow down and just BE together. It will be nice. So glad the kids enjoy being outdoors as much as we do! The campground is all first come, first sever basis, so I'm going to try to go reserve us a spot early on Friday. I know it will be a busy weekend. Hopefully that works!

Tonight we are heading out to go pick out our puppy. Again, the kids are so excited. We're pulling them out of school a half hour early since we have a long drive there and back. It will be fun, but I'm sure we'll have to drag them away without their puppy. We don't get to bring her home for another month or so.

OH! And this is fun. I admit it, I bought a St. Joseph. (don't tell paul. :)) And guess wha?. We have a showing on Sunday. hee hee. I think it has something to do with the statue. Although I ordered it and I'm not sure it will actually be here by Sunday. Darn it. And trust me, I am NOT getting my hopes up. It's silly to do that. We've had plenty of showings. But thankfully we'll be camping, so I won't even be thinking about it. Just happy to get some activity.

School is out June 8. We go back August 24th or something like that. That makes for a short short summer. We're going to have to be very intentional with our time. Working on planning a few fun activities. So many things we want to do! I'm so ready for the summer to begin!

Ok. I think that's it for now. Say a little prayer for us Sunday at NOON! Hoping they love love love this place. We shall see.
If you've made it this far, congratulations! I feel better now that that's all off my chest! :)

1 comment:

hotflawedmama said...

I made it! Praying for Sunday. Can't wait to see pics of the new pup!