Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baseball

Oh my...this was funny.
In Brigg's 8 and under baseball league, they do "coach pitch".
Each team's coach pitches to their own team.
So today Brigg and I loaded up to head to his tournament in Iowa City and as soon as we got there, word started to spread.
This tournament is "kid pitch".
I could see Brigg's coach start to panic a bit.
WHAT? He had called in March and been told that it was coach pitch.
Apparently there had been a misunderstanding.
Soooooo...
they had a crash course on the mound just minutes before the game.
Truly, not a single player knew how to pitch...but they all wanted to! :)
Brigg shouted, "This is the best game EVER!"
And he got his turn pitching...



And I just prayed the whole time that he wouldn't knock out a batter.
God answered.
And the kids had a blast playing with these new rules.
They could also steal bases, which made them all very happy, too.


Paul stayed home with the girls.
So it was just me and Brigg.
I could fully focus on the game.
It was nice.
And they lost one and won one.
They'll be playing again tomorrow.
I do love baseball...especially in 80 degree weather!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, that first picture that you got of him pitching is amazing. He's gonna love that one when he grows up!

Jennie Peakin said...

those pictures are great of him pitching! Love it! Love him!

Heather said...

they all did so well for being first time pitchers--proud of all the kids. it was nice they even pulled out a win! perfect day at the ballpark! see you tomorrow!!

Heather said...

oh yeah--thanks again for the pics! loved them all!

Anonymous said...

You don't happen to be a coach on this team do you? If so, I have to see one of the coach pitch games. I wouldn't miss the chance to see that! I would definitely talk Becky into a road trip for that.

Cassie said...

jordan, you know you'd come just to see my mad pitching skills. you must remember my talent for elementary school.
unfortunately no, i am not a coach.

Beckysblog said...

Cassie, all he remembers about you from Elem. is that you 'broke his heart in 3rd grade.'
Seriously, it traumatized him.

Cassie said...

well i tend to have that affect on men. HA!