Monday, November 23, 2009

Where do I even start?

I need to reclaim my life this week.
I have completely neglected all of my parenting/household running duties over the course of the last couple of weeks.
And it shows around here.
I called Paul yesterday while setting up for the event. I couldn't fine one of the gift certificates that was going on the silet auction. I said, "Look on the counter and see if you can find that gift certificate from Flowers on the Avenue."
He dug around all the JUNK laying on the counter and said, "No, there's no gift certificate. But there is a birthday invitation for Timothy's birthday party that was yesterday. Oh, and here's an overdraft notice from the bank. (apparently I hadn't transferred money over when I thought I had.) And by the way, do I even have ONE pair of clean underwear to wear to this function tonight?"
No Paul, no you don't.
Really. It's bad. I've lost all control. I know I am a bad housekeeper, but these last couple weeks have proved that I could be worse. Much much worse.
Today I'm looking around thinking... "What first? Laundry? Cooking? Grocery shopping? Dusting? Dishes? Reading with the kids? Spending an evening with my husband alone?"
I have no idea where to begin with this.
But now I have time. And it will all get done eventually.
And 6 villages in Liberia will be getting clean water this year partially because of my losing control of this house for a few days.
It's all good.
It's going to be ok....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dusting is overrated. Go buy Paul some clean underwear so that laundry can wait another day. Spend today loving on your kids and hubby. You deserve it!

meg duerksen said...

cassie you will be ok.
everything will fall back into place.
you are a mighty force for water. :)

Courtney said...

i can't imagine...you have been SO busy!

remember...breathe in, breathe out!

and ENJOY looking at your family's faces!!